HPPA 552: Final Reflection on Clinical Correlations

Criteria Proficient (100%) Developing

(85 %)

Minimum Performance (70%) Unsatisfactory (0%) 
Content & Focus

(25%)

Clearly understands content, focused upon most relevant information.  And uses best sources of evidence Familiar with content, may not be appropriately focused or does not use best sources of evidence Has some familiarity with content, but does not focus on most important elements. Sources are tangentially relevant, but not completely on target. Unfamiliar with content required for participation.
Logic & Flow

(25%)

Able to present an argument or topic in a logical and organized fashion. Presents an argument or topic in a thorough way, but needs better logic or organization Presents some aspects of topic well, but lacks logic or organization in other aspects Disorganized presentation, not supporting point of view.
Analysis

(40%)

Identifies relationships and components to clearly support opinions or ideas Identifies relationships and components, but lacks clarity in supporting opinions or ideas Identifies some relationships and components, but lacks some important connections. Does not identify components or relationships.
Communication/Collaboration

(10%)

Demonstrates good listening and reflecting skills and contributes appropriately Listening or reflecting skills are good and contributes appropriately Listening or reflecting skills are minimal and contributes only minimally Does not contribute  appropriately or lacks listening and reflecting skills

Final round self- assessment.  Please complete the rubric as before and this time comment on your development in this course since the beginning of Clinical Correlations I in the Summer.  Please discuss what was new, what skills you’ve developed, what was surprising or challenging, and where you feel you still need more work during the clinical year. Here are some additional questions to consider when writing your reflection.  You don’t need to answer them all, but include at least one or two:

• What problems did you encounter while you were completing the work for this class?
  • What resources did you find most helpful – which ones will you use going forward in the clinical year?
    • I found UptoDate, PubMed, and JAMA to be very useful. I think I’ll be using UptoDate the most, because it has user-friendly charts and algorithms that pertain to my visual style of learning. Also, as the name suggests, the information is current with journal references at the bottom for more information.
  • What have you learned about yourself through this class?
  • Do you think your approach has been different from others’ – if so, is that desireable/undesireable?  Why?
  • Have you changed your opinions/beliefs about any aspects of practice as a result of this course?
  • What have you seen in your classmates’ performance that you want to adopt in your own practice?
    • I would like to be more organized; I am working on it using virtual calendars and making/sticking to a schedule.
  • What changes might you suggest for this class going forward?
  • What would you advise the students in the class behind you about this course?

Additional Comments:

New: coming up with broad DDX
Skills: Presenting a case/SOAP note
Surprising: How interesting some of the cases were–for example the sunflower seed FB.
More work on clinical year: Though my confidence is improving, I need to work on it especially before entering clinical year. As stated above, I will also need to adapt my schedule for optimal organization.