Site Reflection

I  rotated at Dr. DiFranco’s office at Queensline Medical Center for Ambulatory Care. I felt as thought I learned a lot here and this site helped me feel more confident in my future role in healthcare. It was good to work with a multi-disciplinary team and to see what role physician assistant would play in an outpatient setting. One thing I enjoyed about this site was that I was able to perfect placing EKG leads which better helped me to understand the pathophysiology of the EKG and its relationship to cardiac anatomy.

In the future, I would like to perfect drawing blood. The office only sends out labs for drawing and no longer performs other procedures in office except EKGs.

My biggest issue during this site was that I actually contracted pneumonia during this rotation. The site and faculty were gracious in working around my schedule, but it made me realize that I must take precaution during the winter months. I need to take better care of my personal health so that I can take care of my patients optimally.

One of my goals for this rotation was to become more familiar with the algorithms of typical complaints, which I was able to do.